On November 7, 2014, I wrote, Sam Heughan’s fans are very creative, clever, committed, entertaining, funny, industrious, loving, and loyal. I had the pleasure of speaking to Bonnie Terbush Thursday morning. She is a shining example of one of those fans. Bonnie is the Administrator of a Facebook Group called The Peak Posse. During the course of actor Sam Heughan’s My Peak Challenge, The Peak Posse decided to raise funds for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research by raffling an Outlander inspired Gift Basket. The Gift Basket consisted of over 60 donations, including autographed items. Within five weeks, the raffle raised in excess of $25,000.00 US Dollars. By day, Bonnie is an Anti Money Laundering Investigator. By night, she is in Basket Mode, “I call it Basket Head,” she says, “I commute, and as soon as I get off the train, I go into Basket Mode.”
Bonnie is now focusing her fundraising efforts to raise money for World Child Cancer, Caitriona Balfe’s chosen charity. The current Gift Basket raffle began on 4/1/15 and ends at 8pm ET on 5/31/15. The winner will be announced at 8:30pm ET. Bonnie says, “The efforts are a group collaboration. I really appreciate everyone’s help!” The World Child Cancer organization has been very involved. As of today, the basket contains the following items:
Image via @CandidKathryn
To enter the Gift Basket raffle, just follow this two-step process.
- Donate to World Child Cancer, interested parties may donate to the following site: https://www.justgiving.com/cmbthepeakposse/. Donations to “The Peak Posse Just Giving page in support of World Child Cancer” are being generously matched by Macquarie, the employer of Heather Lee Ying, a member of The Peak Posse. In order for the match to occur, the following statement must be included within the donation message “In support of the fundraising efforts, The Peak Posse/Heather L.Y.”
- As a Thank You, donors may enter to win the Gift Basket raffle in support of World Child Cancer at https://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/7c3e22082/?
Bonnie also created Ten Dollar Tuesday. Every Tuesday is Ten Dollar Tuesday. Here are the directions:
- Donate a minimum of $10.00 to https://www.justgiving.com/cmbthepeakposse/.
- Guess a number from 1-200.
- In the donation description include your Twitter name, #TenDollarTuesday and your best guess (number) and the matching statement “In support of the fund raising efforts, ThePeakPosse/Heather L.Y.”
- The numbers closest to the winning number on either side, will win a set of Jamie and Claire note cards by The Animated Life (they’re in the Gift Basket).
Additionally, individuals are invited to ‘Like’ the Outlander-The Peak Posse Fundraiser page on Facebook in order to follow our fundraising endeavors, https://t.co/urR4OfjHvb.
Image via @CandidKathryn
For more information about World Child Cancer, go to their website at www.worldchildcancer.org. You can follow them on Twitter @WChildCancer. In my research, I found this moving World Child Cancer video on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIZD8oS0BM.
I thoroughly enjoyed speaking with Bonnie last week. One thought especially has stayed with me. She said, “The opportunities I’ve had since I created this Facebook group are incredible…because of one book series and television show. I’m awestruck by people’s generosity. The support is overwhelming.” I couldn’t agree with her more! Sparkle on, Bonnie!
Thank you so much for reading!
@jennymcinspired – Twitter